So since I have been bumming off of my parents and in-laws…I have had a light load of cooking, cleaning, and laundry. So I had plenty of time to come up with a FULL WEEK ( it may last you longer than a week) of meals for you (and me to use when we move into our new house and I am too busy unpacking to make a grocery list.) This week of meals is a typical week at our house. My husband has a gluten sensitivity – not an allergy, but he gets sick if he has too much gluten. You can learn more about that here. Anyway, I try to limit our intake. So you can download the grocery list here. The meals and links for the recipes are below. Have a lovely week – now you have more time for crafting and sewing!
Sunday: Lunch: Chicken Pot Pie, Fruit, Mac & Cheese Dinner: Homemade Pizza
Monday: Tilapia, Broccoli, Rice-a-roni
Tuesday: Bacon-wrapped chicken breast, Sweet potatoes, Southern Zucchini
Wednesday: Taco Salad
Thursday: BLT Spinach salad, Fruit, Cheez-it chicken fingers
Friday: Lasagna, Green beans, Peach Cobbler
Saturday: Hamburgers, French Fries, Oatmeal Craisin cookies
Sunday: (I make the pot pie and mac and cheese the night before, then after church just heat them in the oven for 20-30 minutes while you slice the fruit)
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Sliced Fruit
- Instructions on Pizza mix box – toppings are up to you
- Tilapia: Heat some oil in a skillet. Coat the fish in breadcrumbs and salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until it flakes with a fork.
- Steam Fresh Broccoli in microwave
- Rice-a-Roni directions on box
- Bacon-wrapped chicken breast: Heat a skillet on medium heat. Wrap each chicken breast with one piece of bacon. Cook about 6 minutes on each side, until cooked through. When the second side is almost done, slice 1 or 2 slices of pepper jack cheese and place on top of each breast.
- Wash sweet potatoes. Poke each one with a fork. Bake in the oven for 45 min – 1 hr on 350.
- Southern Zucchini
- Taco Salad: Brown the ground beef (or turkey). Add the taco seasoning and black beans. Chop up tomatoes and avocado. Layer the salad like this: Tortilla chips, lettuce, meat/beans, cheese, tomatoes, avocados, salsa, and sour cream. (one of the easiest meals EVER)
- BLT Salad: Cook the bacon. While that is cooking, chop up the tomatoes. Toss together with spinach leaves and your favorite dressing ( I use blue cheese).
- Slice the left-over fruit from Sunday
- Cheez-It Chicken
- Peach Cobbler
- Steam-Fresh Green beans – cook in microwave