- 1 lb fresh cranberries ( chopped) I usually use the food processor
- 1 cup of whipping cream, whipped ( you can use cool whip if you are in a pinch)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- 1 sm can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup crushed pecan
Chop the cranberries in the food processor and pour into a bowl. Pour the sugar over the cranberries and let it sit for few minutes. While those are sitting, whip your cream in a mixer (this really doesn’t take long at all and is so much yummier than cool whip). Then pour the pineapple, pecans, marshmallows, and cranberries into the bowl with the whipped cream. Gently fold all of the ingredients together. Refrigerate then serve cold. Bonus: this can be made the day ahead 🙂
So now that you have made this yummy fresh cranberry salad, here are some of the benefits you can enjoy while eating it. Recent research from Rutger’s University states that cranberries are
- Full of antioxidants
- Block urinary infections
- Prevents plaque formation on teeth (helpful during a Thanksgiving meal)
- May increase good cholesterol
- May protect against wrinkles
- May prevent tumors from growing rapidly
- And in a test tube, they stopped the growth of breast cancer cells!
Pretty amazing right? Hope you have fun preparing for Thanksgiving!