(*spoiler alert* if you are a man in my family - don't read anymore unless you don't want surprises).
- Beef Jerky: One site had a quote from a guy saying "If I can't eat it or drink it, don't make it for me". Well, there you go. It is easy to make, unique, and not that expensive. Here are a couple of links to recipes: Island Cowboy Beef Jerky Homemade Jerky Marinated Spicy Jerky
- Dude Rice Bags: You know, guys get aches and pains too - why not make a manly rice bag? I am going to make one from an old flannel shirt
and one from an old t-shirt.
- You can find my rice bag tutorial here.
- Spice Rub: Does your dude like to barbecue? How about mixing up a ready to use spice rub? Put it in a jar with a label and you're done. A very practical gift. This is one of Ryan's favorite rubs: Wild Willy's Wonderful Rub
- Candy: Back to the food genre - how about these homemade peanut butter cups or chocolate bark?
So those are a few of my ideas for the guys in my life. Please, please let me know some of yours! And remember, as you're making Sew Homegrown projects, upload your pics to the Flickr Pool to be entered to win the adorable Bridget and Lucy Ruffle Joy Kit!